11.09.2010

Boy Marries Girl | Marathon Marriage

Today is my anniversary and I'm elated.  Not just because it's an anniversary, but because of the journey.  There is a sense of accomplishment that a marathon runner feels when they have crossed the finish line.  It's that feeling that brings them back next year to do it all over again.  It's knowing that all of the sacrifice and hard work that they have put into preparing themselves for this race had meaning. An end. A glorious win.  It's hard not to go through life in sprint mode, because everything is needed like yesterday. We prepare, then conquer. But some things just don't fall very nicely into the "sprinting" category and marriage is one of them.  As you are preparing for your glorious sprint down the aisle, don't forget to prepare for the marathon which is your marriage.

As a fun note....I was a model in my past life (the one in my dreams!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment