3.16.2009

DJ...Play That Song!


This is the cutest song...ever! I think it would be appropriate for a wedding, not exactly sure where it would best fit... at some point during the reception, perhaps? Which made me think of how important music is for a wedding. It will completely set the tone for your day. If you are anything like me, music can tell the story of your entire life! If only I could sing the life I live... But I digress. Have you thought about...What songs will you and the bridal party get ready to? What will you walk down the aisle on? What will be playing during your first dance? What will be the grand finale tune? As if there weren't enough decision to make for a wedding! My thoughts on the subject to ensure a great time is to know the type of reception you envision and your guests. Do you want a very formal affair with intimate conversation and background music or a packed dance floor with the DJ spinning the Top 100 until 2 am? Will your guests consist of an older, more conservative crowd, a bunch of twenty and thirty-somethings looking for a party, or a mixture of both. Keep this in mind and plan accordingly. Whether you opt for a DJ, a live Jazz band, or a barbershop quartet, make sure your entertainment knows EXACTLY the type of atmosphere you want to create. As an example, my husband and I picked out 5 hours and 39 minutes worth of music categorized by type (i.e., jazz, big band, pop, reggae, old school, etc) and told our DJ what to play, when. We wanted to create a different atmosphere at every stage of the wedding from cocktail hour, to dinner, to party time of which he was very well aware. Each type of music served a purpose, however, we did leave room for him to improvise if necessary. Call me anal, but as evidence of what can be accomplished by this let me introduce...

Exhibit A

and..

Exhibit B



I rest my case!

Above all, have fun. There is no better (or easier) way to tell the story of your love for each other than through song. Your guests can experience your first date, the first time you said "I Love You", or the first concert you went to, all because of a particular song that was playing in the background.

0 comments:

Post a Comment